Financials Module: Adjust Obligations/Pledges Assigned to Members
You can adjust Obligation totals (also known as Pledges, depending on your state) for Members who will be paying a reduced price. Adjustments may be necessary for various reasons, e.g. reduced cost programs, Fundraising, donations, sponsors, grants, etc.
How to Adjust Obligations/Pledges Assigned to Members (AKA Prorating)
- Go to the Financials Module: Ledger Page.
- Click the "Details" button next to the Member's name you want to adjust. The Member's financial information will display on screen.
- Click the "Adjust" button next to the Obligation/Pledge that you need to adjust the amount for.
- Enter the Prorated Amount in the Change total due field and click "Save adjustment".
- Example: $150 Total Due amount minus $25 off, equals an Adjusted Amount of $125.
Note: Once a Member has an adjusted Obligation/Pledge, it will show as a separate Obligation/Pledge on the Administrator Financial Obligations screen, with the words "prorated for (Name of Member)".