Calendar Module: Event Attendance
How to Make an Event Able to Track Attendance
- Go to the Calendar Module: Calendar Page or the Add Event Page, and click the blue "Add an event" button.
- Next, enter the Event information (see how to Add an Event for more info).
- Make sure to select at least one Ensemble/Group in the drop down that will be assigned to this Event. *Note: You must have an Ensemble selected in order for the Event to appear on the Event attendance - events and Event attendance - members pages.
- Next check the box for "Event attendance" before clicking "Save".
- Once the Event is created on the Calendar the Event and the Ensemble(s) List will show up on the "Event attendance - events".
- Go to the "Event attendance - events", and select the Academic Year and Event you are looking for in the dropdown.
- Now that you are on the desired Event, you will see a listing of the Members for the Ensemble(s) you choose to assign to the Event in alphabetical order.
- To find a specific Student, use the various Search functions and filters:
- To quickly mark all Students present, click on the "Mark all Present" button
- A warning will appear letting you know that if you proceed with this action that any boxes that you had previously checked will all move to be present.
- *Note: IT IS RECOMMENDED that your start with this action, and then make any adjustments you might need afterwards.
- Once you have completed this action, all Members will be marked Present for this Event.
- If needed, you can go back and change the individual listings as needed; Absent, Tardy, or Excused, along with any comments about the Student's attendance.
- *Note: The page updates automatically, so there is no need to save
- If you need to download a copy of this Event's Attendance, you can click either "Extract (CSV)" or the printer icon. (Ex. shown below of an extract)
- In order to take Attendance using Barcode Scanning, click the Barcode icon.
- Put your cursor into the box at the top of the page, and click "Return"